The Chancel
Close this window to return
The present church was built around the earlier one, from about 1480 until after the reformation. The first new section was the Chancel. Built on 13th century foundations, it was rebuilt in in 1700 and refurbished in 1870.
The East window is 19th century, though fitted into 15th century jambs and sills. The original Tudor communion table still stands to the right, carrying an Annunciation plaque.

A curious feature for a Christian place of worship are the carvings of the 'Green Man' at the ends of the pews.